January 30, 2008

Oprah's New Earth?


How cool is this? Byron Katie's buddy, spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle, is the new Oprah's Book Club author. There are free webcast classes on the book too. America awakens? It will be interesting to see.

You may know that Tolle's first book, The Power of Now, became a bestseller when Oprah said something about it on her show. Now, many more will be drawn to the simple teachings of A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. I love this crystalline commentary on the mechanisms of the mind; it dovetails beautifully with The Work and is a fine companion volume to Loving What Is.

You can purchase A New Earth here.

Sign up for the book club webcast classes at oprah.com.

2 comments:

Shama Hyder said...

Just stumbled upon your site. I didn't know the book was out yet. I will have to check it out. Thanks Carol!

Anonymous said...

Since my mother died I've been feeling lower than I ever have in my life. One day my co-worker got all giddy about Oprah's new pick. I think she can be a little much, but I respect her accomplishments so in desperation I decided to give this book a try. I decided to blog about it to hold myself accountable. mynewearth@blogspot.com